https://archpaper.com/2018/07/chicagos-gold-pyramid-house-fire/ The Gold Pyramid House in northern Illinois was extensively damaged by fire and may need to be torn down.
- How Chicago’s Aldermen Help Keep the City Segregated - CityLabAugust 7, 2018 9:40 am
- Chicago proposes experiment with pop-up urbanism - Archpaper.comAugust 7, 2018 9:36 am
- Chicago's 'Wild Mile' Is an Ingenious Chain of Faux Islands - CityLabAugust 7, 2018 9:30 am
- Water taxi service may expand for new riverfront developments - Chicago TribuneAugust 3, 2018 1:13 pm
- Chicago proposes experiment with pop-up urbanism - Archpaper.comAugust 3, 2018 1:09 pm
- A future Lake Shore Drive could be wider, and have bus lanes - Chicago TribuneJuly 26, 2018 10:38 am
- A challenge to the Obama Center reveals things we didn't know - CrainsJuly 24, 2018 10:09 am
https://archpaper.com/2018/07/weekend-edition-july20/ Missed some of our articles, tweets, or Facebook posts from the last few days? Don’t sweat it—we’ve gathered the week’s must-read stories right here. Enjoy!
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/transportation/2018/07/17/Pittsburgh-Columbus-Chicago-Virgin-Hyperloop-One-studies-begin/stories/201807170173 Columbus area planners want Virgin Hyperloop One to set up a system of low-pressure tubes to travel from Pittsburgh to Columbus and Chicago.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-chicago-river-wild-mile-20180612-story.html Shedd and nonprofit aim to turn industrial channel of Chicago River into eco-park of floating plants, wetlands, kayak piers and public walkways.
https://archpaper.com/2018/07/chicago-launches-international-design-competition-ohare-expansion/ The City of Chicago Department of Aviation is searching for a lead architectural designer to head its massive O’Hare expansion, and has turned their sights global.
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20180625/BLOGS02/180629898/union-station-remake-unveiled#utm_medium=email&utm_source=ccb-realestatereport&utm_campaign=ccb-realestatereport-20180626 A developer selected by Amtrak proposes to give a whole new look to the historic station by building a glass hotel and residential building atop the existing headhouse, with an office tower to come.
https://archpaper.com/2018/06/chicago-offers-historic-chicago-avenue-bridge-free/ The future owner of the bridge assumes all costs for moving the bridge and maintaining historically significant features.