https://archpaper.com/2018/09/som-chicago-facades-plus/ On September 21, Facades+ is coming to Chicago for the first time in three years. The conference features moderators and speakers of leading firms from across the country.
- CMAP Emphasizes Investment in Underserved Communities in ON TO 2050 Plan - StreetsblogOctober 17, 2018 11:22 am
- Developer says huge Hoffman Estates project moving forward, with or without Sears in town - Chicago TribuneOctober 13, 2018 3:14 pm
- Mayoral Candidates Urged to Endorse Chicago Sustainable Transportation Platform - StreetsblogOctober 2, 2018 11:24 am
- Divvying up the Blame: City Emails Show Why Chicago Lost 500+ Bike-Share Cycles - StreetsblogSeptember 27, 2018 10:19 am
- Why Social Democracies Are Great Places to Ride a Bike - StreetsblogSeptember 20, 2018 11:23 am
- Chicago Park District pauses Obama Presidential Center construction - ArchPaper.comSeptember 18, 2018 10:27 am
- Will Chicago's next mayor exploit an opportunity to improve transit? - Chicago TribuneSeptember 18, 2018 10:17 am
https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/09/chicago-after-rahm/569287/ Campaign insiders offer clues to the reasons for Emanuel’s startling announcement that he won’t seek reelection as mayor. (Others just say “good riddance.”)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/schmich/ct-met-mary-schmich-two-flats-20180830-story.html# Mary Schmich: As Chicago loses its two-flats and three-flats, it loses a lot more than buildings.
https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/08/folded-map-twins-chicago-south-side-segregation/568903/ Many addresses on the North Side are reflected in vastly different neighborhoods on the South Side. This project pairs residents with their counterparts across town to explore the divisions in their city.
https://www.citylab.com/design/2018/08/chicagos-shapes-return-50-years-later/567146/ One of the city’s most celebrated designers traces his style back to the work he saw by two Swiss men in the 1950s.
Like in 2023 – Chicago Magazine http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2018/The-Chicago-Skyline-2023/ A once-in-a-lifetime construction boom is reshaping downtown. These six residential towers will soon rank among the city’s 13 tallest buildings.
https://chi.streetsblog.org/2018/08/15/city-should-raise-priority-of-using-damen-green-line-station-to-prime-good-land-use/ When I first saw the design for the new Green Line station at Damen Avenue on the Lake Street branch, I became worried that the station didn’t have an entrance providing access to the westbou…